Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Reluctant Messenger

This is from the book titled, "The Reluctant Messenger of Science
and Religion" by Stephen Boston...

The Master waved his hands in exasperation. Chester looked up from
the blackboard with his face in a classic puzzled response. The
Master tried to explain, "You don't have to spend all your time
trying to prove your conclusions to me. If I don't accept your
conclusions I will ask questions. Otherwise just give me the
conclusions. " The Master smiled and gestured for Chester to continue.
He paced back and forth as he played with a gold coin. He seemed to
make it appear and disappear from one hand to the other.

Chester said, "Your slight of hand doesn't impress me. I have a
couple of card tricks I can show you. Ok, you want conclusions and
skip the reasoning process? Let me lay this on you. Quantum Reality
is composed of Infinity! Its called the many worlds solution, but it
describes our physical universe perfectly by allowing an infinite
number of parallel universes to be part of the solution set."

The Master grinned and said, "I agree completely. An ancient Hindu
Master told us that Brahma contained the infinities and all
possibilities in his heart. One of the Seven Wisdoms is that the
Infinite nature of God makess all things possible. I am not going to
give you a gold coin for what my Master taught me many years ago.
Please I'm waiting for new truth."

Chester was shocked at how quickly the Master agreed with one of the
most profound discoveries of Quantum Science. "Ok, it gets more weird
than that. Unless you observe something, it isn't real, it is only a
potential set of probabilities that are not resolved unless observed.
Aha, that should blow you away!"

The Master laughed! "My Master taught me long ago that what I call
reality is just my awareness choosing one of the infinite paths that
lay before me. He taught me that all life sprang from the Absolute
Awareness and discovers its place in the Infinite. That sounds much
like your Quantum Reality. I want you to tell me something I don't
know."

Chester pointed out, "All of the material physical universe is a
balance of forces. Positive and negative energy in balance in an
infinite array of forms and patterns. In fact, all of reality is a
zero sum game."

The Master nodded and said. "The Wisdom of Balance. You know much
already. Please..." His voice trailed off as he played with the gold
coin and watched Chester think.

Undaunted Chester quickly shot back. "At the subatomic layer all
reality is non-local."

The Master paused and asked, "What do you mean by non-local?"

Chester smiled and said, "At the most basic level of reality there is
no separateness. Everything is connected to everything else. I barely
believe it myself."

The Master pushed his index fingers together and pressed them to his
lips. His eyes lit up and he exclaimed, "Oneness. You describe
Oneness. You are sharing with me some of the Seven Wisdoms. But I
understand the non-separateness of this world for nothing is separate
from God."

Chester licked his lips. This was harder than he thought. He watched
the Master play with the ancient gold coin. "Ok, time is an illusion.
It is relative to the motion of the observer! Aha, I got ya there!"

The Master held out his hands and said, "Science is wise. You have
shared with me 5 Wisdoms. I am impressed you know these. You lack but
2 wisdoms to be a Master. Your time is an illusion is most perceptive
of your knowing. For time is the opposite of Eternity. Eternity is
one of the Absolute Aspects of God. All that there is and always will
be, is the Eternal Ever Changing Now. All the past is, is the memory
of the pattern before and all the future is, is anticipation of the
pattern to come. There is no time there is just now." The Master
pushed the coin into his pocket. "We talk again later. It is time for
lunch." ............ from the Reluctant Messenger..

__._,_.___

2 comments:

is this your life? said...

Ah, it's good to see echoes of Taoism around :) Have you read any of Osho's work? He draws on various influences, such as Lao Tzu and Nietzsche, and has some really transcendent ideas.

Trudy said...

Hey fellow Virgoan....

Oh yes, read Rajneesh ages ago....had some friends who went and stayed up in Oregon with his tribe. Definitely awake on many levels I would say.

But like the majority of the Indian or Indian style gurus who came to America during the boomtimes for Cult-of-the-guru, he presided over a naive American cultish mindset. His devotees had so idealized the Indian trip it was easy to seduce them with just about anything, but lotsa free sex was the coup d' grace. Then the whole enterprise got weird and uptight, paranoid delusional, hiring bodyguards toting firearms....a totally whacked existence.

Better for you that you can now simply read "Osho". But that's just my POV, having done the devotee thing TWICE over......