Sunday, August 19, 2007

Anandamayi Ma - one of my mystical guides

I post the following because I have beautiful history with Anandamayi Ma. I once had a very lucid dream of Ma which held a very strong message for me as a personality. It was profound and left me, upon awakening in a state of such bliss, awe; stunned really. My sweet friend Tom on a garden group in Yahoogroups posted this and I thought to submit it here as it gives a taste of Ma and her "non-dual" perspective. She is gorgeous too, btw, a most sublime physical presence. I'll try to dig up a photo to post soon.

From Tom:

When Paramahansa Yogananda met Anandamayi Ma and asked her about her
life, she answered:

"Father, there is little to tell." She spread her graceful hands in a
deprecatory gesture. "My consciousness has never associated itself with

this temporary body. Before I came on this earth, Father, 'I was the
same.' As a little girl, 'I was the same.' I grew into womanhood, but
still 'I was the same.' When the family in which I had been born made
arrangements to have this body married, 'I was the same.' ...
And, Father, in front of you now, 'I am the same.' Ever afterward,
though the dance of creation change[s] around me in the hall of
eternity, 'I shall be the same.'"

Tom.x.

No comments: