Wednesday, August 29, 2007

On Having your own Direct Experience of Life....

I received his in my inbox this morning, from a dear dear man. We had been discussing the nature of direct experience vs. teachings of others. Tom is a very wise being, in his 80's living in the UK. He wrote the following, which in view of the fact that I am about to write a post about Mother Teresa's crisis of faith, I found to be very timely:

Trudy,

Steeped in Chrisianity, steeped in Buddhism, steeped in Islam,
Church, Dhamma Centre, and Mosque, I went to speak with a very
beautiful woman in New York, I saw light in her eyes, and joy written
upon her face, she gave me the best piece of advice I had ever
recieved, She said, "Do not ever let anyone tell you what to believe,
or what you must do"

Tom.x.

No comments: