Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sometimes the Blogs' commenters are even better

than the bloggers! At least as interesting. In response to Bob Cesca's column about Sarah Palin being a "hooplehead" and in her own words a "Joe Six Pack" candidate, a commenter named Spartanmom had this to say:

"

Hey, Can I be in McCain's cabinet?

I could probably handle a couple of positions.

Interior-I garden, can use a shovel, have one each, Native American and African American neighbor. So that covers agriculture, mining, Indian Affairs

Defense-My father was a Marine in WW2, My son was in the army in Afghanistan (and I had to buy stuff to send to him so I know about procurement), I own two guns (one of them is from WW1 so I have knowledge of the history of conflict)

Treasury-I pay my bills, can use Quicken (and I'm a quick study so QuickBooks should be no problem) Subscribe to the Economist (but I wouldn't play that up for fear of looking elitist)

Attorney General-my sister and her two daughters are lawyers

Commerce-I buy stuff in several states, Europe and Japan.

State-I've had a passport since 1975, I've been to three Canadian provinces, England and San Francisco. My husband has been to Taiwan and India. My daughters have been to Ireland. I've had trouble with my neighbors so I know about conflict.

Wait, never mind a cabinet post, I'm running for President."


Hawwwww!

No comments: